Wednesday 13 January 2016

Nice to meet you.


Allow me to introduce myself. 

It all began a few weeks ago when I found myself bundled together with lemongrass, noodles and curry paste. I know, I know, so cliché. Just hear me out. So there I was, struggling to breathe beneath the 3 pillars of Thai cuisine, when suddenly I saw a light. No, not A light. THE light. That's how they normally tell it, isn't it? I saw the light and I walked into it, or rather I was yanked out of it by some pale, ginger hands. That'll be Moo. The one that you probably thought was writing this blog. She sometimes tries to help by correcting my spelling moo-stakes, but really she's no more than a pretty face. And I’m not sure it’s even fair to call her that. 

Back to my birth. So I was brought into this world as something I have come to understand was a 'Secret Santa' present. And from the moment she laid eyes upon me, Moo decided that I was coming with her on her travels. Now, I had to question her motives - who takes someone round the world with them that they've only just met? Was she simply filling a void, was she crazy, was she desperately alone? Perhaps it was all three? The way she tells it, is that I’m there to represent everyone that she wishes she could take with her. So I am to understand that my left foot is her mum, my right foot her dad, left ear Olivia, right ear Georgina, and so on. I wonder who gets my bum? 

So now you know who I am, we can begin our journey. Expect to see a lot more of me in the next few months. First stop: Heathrow. Second stop: Bangkok. 

 From one nutty Moo to another X

No comments:

Post a Comment